[ic] Can IC always look in ~/pages/?

Mike Heins mike at perusion.com
Tue Sep 28 01:46:14 UTC 2010

Quoting Peter (peter at pajamian.dhs.org):
> On 28/09/10 09:17, Grant wrote:
> > I'm running IC 5.7.6 and I'd like to be able to define a folder in
> > VendURL like 'http://www.example.com/folder-name' but have IC grab
> > pages from ~/pages/ instead of ~/pages/folder-name/.  I got this
> > working for most pages by setting mv_nextpage in an autoload, but I
> > need a way to do something similar for 'SpecialPage order
> > shopping-cart'.  I tried setting the following on the fly with no
> > luck:
> >
> > $Config->{SpecialPage}{order} = '../shopping-cart';
> >
> > Can SpecialPage order be defined on the fly?
>
> I think so, but only for the current page (so doing so may be a bit
> pointless).  Also I think that doing that won't accomplish what you are
> trying to accomplish.

It will work if you set a CGI variable in the link you want to
be special, and then have your AutoLoad set SpecialPage->{order}
based on that.

> >  Should I be going about this a different way?
>

> More than likely.  Can you back up a bit and give us some more info on
> what you want to do ... from the beginning?  I think one solution that
> may work better for you is to use the Apache Alias and/or ScriptAlias
> directives or mod_rewrite but it's hard to say from your explanation.

Actually, it seems to me that making an order link like:

			form='
			    mv_order_item=SKUTO-ORDER
			    mv_action=refresh
			']" title="Order this widget">Order Now</a>

might be more appropriate.

--
Mike Heins
phone +1.765.328.4479  <mike at perusion.com>

If you think nobody cares if you're alive, try missing a couple of
car payments.  -- Earl Wilson