[ic] Quick and dirty "write to file"
chris at endpoint.com
Tue Sep 28 18:27:50 UTC 2010
Peter N wrote:
> And a followup question: I have the following code snippet:
> [if cgi add_to_list]
> [log file="email_list.txt" type="text" interpolate=1]
> [cgi email]
> Where do I need to place this code so that it is invoked on checkout?
> I tried putting it on receipt.html, but nothing is written to the log,
> presumably because my form variable, add_to_list, is not being passed
> from checkout.html.
CGI variables get copied into the Values hash during checkout so you
likely need to use [value email]. You could essentially put this within
any file that is part of the checkout routes but I would recommend
creating a new route for this to keep things separated. So the quick and
easy way would be to:
1) Create an include ~catalogs/store/include/update_mailing_list
2) Place the include on some checkout page such as etc/receipt or
My preferred method would be to:
1) Create the mail list file with your business logic
2) Create new route in catalog.cfg
Route update_mailing_list <<EOF
3) Update your checkout order route:
Route default cascade "log update_mailing_list main copy_user"
4) Restart Interchange and checkout.
Hope this helps
End Point Corp.
Direct Line: 919-249-5356
More information about the interchange-users