[ic] Can IC always look in ~/pages/?

Peter peter at pajamian.dhs.org
Wed Sep 29 02:29:18 UTC 2010

On 28/09/10 16:18, Grant wrote:
> Hi Mike & Peter,
>
> I'm ashamed to say I've been at this for about 12 hours now without a
> solution.  Fortunately I do have more info and I think it's enough to
> come up with something.
>
> My goal is to define VendURL and SecureURL on the fly.  I've been
> doing this with different domains for awhile with none of these
> problems, but I've never attempted to define a folder in either
> directive until today and this has caused the following problems.
> I've come up with workarounds for the first two, I could come up with
> one for the third, but the fourth is nasty.

Ok, I've done something like this before, and yes, there are additional
complications when you're changing the actual path as well as the domain
name.  The problem is that changing VendURL and SecureURL only changes
the path to [area] (and similar) tag generated links.  It does not
change how Interchange parses the page name out of incoming requests.
My suggestion is to use either an actionmap (if "folder-name" is always
the same) or to use a missing specialsub (if it is not).  In either
case, you can strip out the folder name from the beginning of the path,
grab the page name portion (and if it is blank make it "index"), and
then return the new page name from either the missing specialsub or the
actionmap for Interchange to process for you.

Peter