[ic] URL Rewrite for Subdomains - Help?

Peter peter at pajamian.dhs.org
Fri Apr 1 00:03:08 UTC 2011

On 01/04/11 10:45, Thomas J.M. Burton wrote:
> On 3/25/2011 10:25 AM, Thomas J.M. Burton wrote:
>> What I'd like to do is take a request for a subdomain and route it
>> like so:
>>
>>     Request: http://foopage.mydomain.com
>>     Serves up: http://www.mydomain.com/foopage
>>
>> ... and it would need to keep the http://foo.mydomain.com URL in the
>> browser's address bar. Basically, I want a seamless method of serving
>> up those landing pages at their subdomains that doesn't send any
>> redirect headers.
>
> If I go to http://foopage.mydomain.com it displays the catalog's home
> page with the URL as I want it in the address bar.
>
> Can anyone help me what I need to do in Interchange to have the
> subdomains work the way I described in my original post?

Just to clarify what you're saying, you can browse to
http://foopage.mydomain.com just fine and it shows the page, but the
links on the page come back with http://www.mydomain.com/foopage.

What you need to do is put an Autoload directive into your catalog.cfg
that rewrites $Config->{VendURL}.  Once this is done the [area] tag (and
[page] and similar) will link up correctly.  See:

http://www.interchange.rtfm.info/icdocs/config/Autoload.html
http://www.interchange.rtfm.info/icdocs/config/VendURL.html

Peter