[ic] URL Rewrite for Subdomains - Help?

Thomas J.M. Burton tom at globalfocusdm.com
Fri Apr 1 00:16:47 UTC 2011

On 3/31/2011 5:03 PM, Peter wrote:
> On 01/04/11 10:45, Thomas J.M. Burton wrote:
>> On 3/25/2011 10:25 AM, Thomas J.M. Burton wrote:
>>> What I'd like to do is take a request for a subdomain and route it
>>> like so:
>>>
>>>     Request: http://foopage.mydomain.com
>>>     Serves up: http://www.mydomain.com/foopage
>>>
>>> ... and it would need to keep the http://foo.mydomain.com URL in the
>>> browser's address bar. Basically, I want a seamless method of
>>> serving up those landing pages at their subdomains that doesn't send
>>> any redirect headers.
>>
>> If I go to http://foopage.mydomain.com it displays the catalog's home
>> page with the URL as I want it in the address bar.
>>
>> Can anyone help me what I need to do in Interchange to have the
>> subdomains work the way I described in my original post?
>
> Just to clarify what you're saying, you can browse to
> http://foopage.mydomain.com just fine and it shows the page, but the
> links on the page come back with http://www.mydomain.com/foopage.
>
> What you need to do is put an Autoload directive into your catalog.cfg
> that rewrites $Config->{VendURL}.  Once this is done the [area] tag
> (and [page] and similar) will link up correctly.  See:
>
> http://www.interchange.rtfm.info/icdocs/config/Autoload.html
> http://www.interchange.rtfm.info/icdocs/config/VendURL.html

Hi Peter,

The links are fine as they are.

To clarify, I can browse to http://foopage.mydomain.com and it shows the
catalog's home page while retaining http://foopage.mydomain.com in the
browser's address bar. This is not what I want.

What I want to happen is:

- Browse to http://foopage.mydomain.com
- The page displayed is what would normally be found at
http://www.mydomain.com/foopage.html
- Browser address bar reads http://foopage.mydomain.com

I've tested my rewrites with a mock-interchange setup and have all of
the above working properly. What appears to not be working is
Interchange processing the request properly and delivering up the page
that I want connected to the subdomain.

Would an Autoload directive still be the answer?

Thanks,
Tom

--
Global Focus Digital Media, LLC