[ic] Release roadmap for Interchange && IRC meeting

Stefan Hornburg (Racke) racke at linuxia.de
Fri Apr 1 06:41:38 UTC 2011

On 03/31/2011 10:48 PM, Marty Tennison wrote:

> On Monday, March 28, 2011 11:03:50 am Stefan Hornburg (Racke) wrote:
>
> <snip>
>
>> 6.0.x Codename "Bongo"
>> ======================
>>
>> "Bongo" reduces the Interchange core code to the bare minimum, removing
>> all code attributed to frameworks (sessions, authentication, templating,
>> dispatching, etc.).
>>
>> "Bongo" uses Dancer as web application framework. The flexibility, modular
>> design and minimalist approach matches the future philosophy of
>> Interchange.
>
> I really like the direction you are going, it seems to make a lot of sense.

Thanks.

> Since this is such a big move, I think I should mention that there are at
> least two micro frameworks that are worth looking at....
>
> Dancer:
> http://perldancer.org/
>
> Mojolicous:
> http://mojolicious.org/
>
> I like them both.  I think Dancer has a stronger community at this time but
> Mojolicious has excellent documentation.
>
> I just thought I would through that out there since it seems to be such a big
> decision.   I hope that helps.

I already decided to go with Dancer and I'm in the progress to develop a
few small dancer applications to get more experience with it.

In addition to that, I uploaded recently a Dancer template engine module
for Template::Flute (new development of mine, see my talks on Template::Zoom):

http://search.cpan.org/dist/Dancer-Template-TemplateFlute/

However, I see no reason why Interchange 6 core code shouldn't work with any other
micro or macro framework. Dancer appears to me the most elegant and sexy one.

Also, in order to bite some market share out of Magento we need to excel
at development, deployment and site speed (IMHO).

Regards
          Racke

Interchange Development Team