[ic] Release roadmap for Interchange && IRC meeting

Stefan Hornburg (Racke) racke at linuxia.de
Fri Apr 1 07:00:36 UTC 2011

On 03/31/2011 11:40 PM, Paul Jordan wrote:

>> From: marty at dripdepot.com
>> On Monday, March 28, 2011 11:03:50 am Stefan Hornburg (Racke) wrote:
>>> 6.0.x Codename "Bongo"
>>> ======================
>>>
>>> "Bongo" reduces the Interchange core code to the bare minimum, removing
>>> all code attributed to frameworks (sessions, authentication, templating,
>>> dispatching, etc.).
>>>
>>> "Bongo" uses Dancer as web application framework. The flexibility, modular
>>> design and minimalist approach matches the future philosophy of
>>> Interchange.
>>
>> I really like the direction you are going, it seems to make a lot of sense.
>> Since this is such a big move, I think I should mention that there are at
>> least two micro frameworks that are worth looking at....
>>
>> Dancer:
>> http://perldancer.org/
>>
>> Mojolicous:
>> http://mojolicious.org/
>>
>> I like them both. I think Dancer has a stronger community at this time but
>> Mojolicious has excellent documentation.
>>
>> I just thought I would through that out there since it seems to be such a big
>> decision. I hope that helps.
>

> And speaking of Documentation, I would really love to see someone work with Kevin to get his documentation system working on icdevgroup.org. Back when he was around even lowly I contributed to his docs and considered it not only easy, but fun - I enjoyed it - even if all my contributions were eventually overwritten by Peter.
>
> Given it has, IMO, an unstable future I have not used it that much assuming one day it would disappear.
>
> If it's impossible, what about installing a wikimedia system for the IC docs? Ease of use and the enjoyment one receives from using it really does drive itself.
>
> I'm recently starting to build my clients company documentation into their web apps and I wanted to use Kevin's system for this because I remember how easy it was to work in, but never heard back.

Reference documentation for "Bongo" will live inside the modules as POD.

My plan on documentation in general is to write a Dancer / Wiki::Toolkit Wiki application (already started),
but that will take a couple of months to be ready for production.

I would love to see a member of the community to take over the responsibility for Wiki on short
term. We can arrange things on the server, no problem.

Regards
	Racke

Interchange Development Team