[ic] URL Rewrite for Subdomains - Help?

Peter peter at pajamian.dhs.org
Fri Apr 1 09:45:43 UTC 2011

On 01/04/11 13:16, Thomas J.M. Burton wrote:
> To clarify, I can browse to http://foopage.mydomain.com and it shows the
> catalog's home page while retaining http://foopage.mydomain.com in the
> browser's address bar. This is not what I want.
>
> What I want to happen is:
>
> - Browse to http://foopage.mydomain.com
> - The page displayed is what would normally be found at
> http://www.mydomain.com/foopage.html
> - Browser address bar reads http://foopage.mydomain.com
>
> I've tested my rewrites with a mock-interchange setup and have all of
> the above working properly. What appears to not be working is
> Interchange processing the request properly and delivering up the page
> that I want connected to the subdomain.

Obviously your rewrites aren't working properly or you would be getting
foopage.html.  I tend to avoid using mod_rewrite myself when using alias
and scriptalias will do just fine.  In this case you really don't need
any URL rewriting, imo.  You just need to read in the domain name in an
autoload and redirect to the appropriate IC page.  The rest is done with
a rewrite of VendURL as I already pointed out.

Peter