[ic] mysql Errcode 28 writing /tmp

IC ic at tvcables.co.uk
Thu Apr 7 12:28:07 UTC 2011

> >> When trying to run one of the admin reports (Orders by Affiliate) I get
> an
> >> error that would seem to indicate mysql cannot write to /tmp
> >>
> >> I have tried to find out why but haven't got very far, any advice
> please?
> >>
> >> Here is the exact error as shown in IC admin, version is 5.6.0
> >>
> >> table transactions: Query on table transactions failed: DBD::mysql::st
> >> execute failed: Error writing file '/tmp/MYopm6dj' (Errcode: 28) at
> >> /usr/local/interchange/lib/Vend/Table/DBI.pm line 2000.
> >>

> > I believe that error occurs when the disk is full ... Do you have a huge
> > transaction file?  You might be able to see the diskspace go down while
> you
> > run the report?
> Just had this yesterday. Disk space.
>
> $ /usr/local/mysql/bin/perror 28
> OS error code  28:  No space left on device

Thanks for all the quick replies, I had concluded earlier that it was disk
space having googled it but the webhost persuaded me otherwise, I really
shouldn't listen to the hosting company they are just incompetent.

df shows me that /tmp is on a separate volume:-
/usr/tmpDSK             495844     11836    458408   3% /tmp

I'll up the size and report back, the transactions table is large.

I have another issue but I'll start a new thread for that.

Regards to all,
Andy.