[ic] Report on IRC meeting about future Interchange development

Andrew Baerg andrew.baerg at gmail.com
Fri Apr 15 03:38:59 UTC 2011

Unfortunately, I missed the meeting, but I am very excited about the
new direction that Interchange is headed.

I would be interested in joining the developer team. Especially in the
areas of shipping and accounting.

I have developed a Perl interface for UPS, FedEx, and Purolator which
I have integrated into our local Interchange install. It includes
support for both rating and shipping and it should be fairly easy to
add on support for other shipping api's (such as USPS). I plan on
releasing it on CPAN, and it is currently available at
https://github.com/pullingshots/Shipment. I would love to see it
become a part of the "Bongo" branch if it is worthy :)

I also have a lot of experience with Sql-Ledger and would be
interested in contributing in the area of accounting wherever needed.

Have to say, it will be great to see Interchange brought into the
Modern Perl era!

Andrew

http://pullingshots.ca ... http://twitter.com/pullingshots ...
http://flickr.com/photos/baergaj ... http://last.fm/user/ajbaerg