[ic] Identify cause of slowness loading returns.html

Peter peter at pajamian.dhs.org
Tue Apr 26 02:55:52 UTC 2011

On 26/04/11 08:20, DB wrote:
> Hmm - it seems that when I comment out these lines, things go quite fast:
>  [seti export][tag export transactions transactions.txt][/tag][/seti]
>  [seti export][tag export orderline orderline.txt][/tag][/seti]
> Is there any reason to keep the export commands in place if I'm using mysql?
> These txt files have always been a bit of a mystery to me.

That's fine, but I recommend that you set the following in your catalog.cfg:
NoImportExternal Yes

This will prevent Interchange from trying to dump your sql tables and
re-import them from the corresponding txt files which would end up being
old data for you.

Also I recommend that you use mysqldump from a cron job to make a backup
of your db (if you're not doing so already), as you cannot use those txt
files as a backup anymore.

I generally recommend that people set this regardless as a dump and
import from txt files can screw up customizations you've made to your
sql tables (not to mention the possibility of importing old data).