[ic] Authorize.net Fraud Detection Suite, held-for-review orders

Josh Lavin josh at perusion.net
Fri Apr 29 20:27:41 UTC 2011

Authorize.net sends a "response_code" to indicate the success of a
transaction:
     1 = success
     2 = decline
     3 = error
     4 = held for review

The AuthorizeNet.pm module considers a response_code of 1 to be a
success, and anything else to be a failure.

I have patched AuthorizeNet.pm with an option to "accept_for_review",
which makes a response_code of 4 a successful order.

These appear when using Authorize.net's Fraud Detection Suite, in two of
the filter actions:

     * Authorize, and hold for review
     * Do not authorize; hold for review

To use, set the "accept_for_review" parameter, e.g.:

     Route  authorizenet  accept_for_review  1

You may want to indicate that the order was held for review. I did this
by changing the "status" column of the transactions table in
etc/log_transaction:

     status: [calc]return $Session->{payment_result}{x_response_code} ==
4 ? 'flagged' : 'pending';[/calc]

Patch is here:

https://github.com/jlavin/interchange/commit/94d8078557eec4787bcc6331e5254190fbd679f4

--