[ic] {Spam?} Re: More than one swish-e index per catalog?

Rick Bragg lists at gmnet.net
Mon Aug 22 23:51:56 UTC 2011

On Mon, 2011-08-22 at 10:39 -0400, DB wrote:
> I see in the docs:
> > To configure your catalog to use Swish, modify the appropriate catalog.cfg and add:
> >
> > Swish command /usr/bin/swish-e
> > Swish index products/swish-e.db
> This implies that I can search only one swish-e index per catalog. Is
> this indeed the case?
> DB

Not at all.  Multiple indexes can be searched in a single catalog just
by adding additional lines to catalog.cfg, (and also running additional
engines with cron)

Swish command /usr/bin/swish-e
Swish index products/swish-e.index.1.db
Swish index products/swish-e.index.2.db

I would only do this if there was a strong reason to keep them separate
though.  People don't really understand by default that their search is
only looking at one index or the other...