[ic] Bug in shipping lookup

Peter peter at pajamian.dhs.org
Wed Dec 14 19:12:49 UTC 2011

On 14/12/11 07:38, Grant wrote:
> I've noticed that when the shipping cost is based on price, the
> shipping tag determines that cost based on the price field in the
> products table.  Instead, I think this should be done based on the
> field specified by $Config->{PriceField}.  Should I file a bug?

No, this is not a bug. From shipping docs (old but still the best docs
available for shipping):
http://www.icdevgroup.org/interchange-doc-5.2.0/frames/icdatabase_43.html

    A valid database field (column) name as main criterion will cause
the number of items in the shopping cart to be multiplied by the value
of the field for each item to obtain the accumulated criteria. If the
table is not supplied, defaults to the first ProductFiles table.

So it's looking at the "price" field in the products database because
you explicitly told it to when you specified "price" for the criteria.

Peter