[ic] StartServers and MaxServers

Peter peter at pajamian.dhs.org
Fri Dec 16 19:23:19 UTC 2011

On 17/12/11 07:41, Jon Jensen wrote:
> If you want more than 150 child processes, I'd say just raise the
> artificial limit on StartServers in the core. It made sense when it was
> written, but 10+ years later there's hardware that can handle that.

That makes sense, what seems more reasonable given today's hardware
capabilities?  500, maybe 1000?  Those seem rediculous and would
probably run most servers out of RAM, but someone who has a really
powerful server and needs to handle massive amounts of traffic would
need values that high, imo.

Peter