[ic] IC Jobs & timed-build

Sam Batschelet sbatschelet at me.com
Thu Feb 3 13:56:32 UTC 2011

On Feb 3, 2011, at 2:30 AM, Stefan Hornburg (Racke) wrote:

>>> I suppose if visitors are not using cookies, that they could loose their session, because the generated pages won't have the session in the links (if any) on the page.
>>>
>>> Although, I bet you could create a results page that used a<form>, then [included] your static results into it, with thoughtfully creafted form elements.... maybe? This way, all the intesive work (query executions?) are already done - assuming that is what you are trying to avoid.
>>
>> Right I think that will take a little trial and error but could be do-able.  But for now I can't seem to get the timed build to work.
>>

> I never tried to use [timed-build] in an Interchange job, so it might not work. You
> can also take a look at the [capture-page] tag.

Thanks Racke [capture-page] does have some promise but still no joy with jobs... in my test.job file I used a pretty basic example from the docs.

[capture-page page=index file=static/index.html umask=022 auto_create_dir=1]

Nothing no output nothing in logs

If I drop --quiet it gives me an output.

interchange/bin/interchange --runjobs=my_cat=icjobs
Dispatching jobs=icjobs for cat my_cat to Interchange server 32245 with HUP.

But it has no real error capabilities because even if I use a non existent catalog name and or job it still gives the same msg.  example
Dispatching jobs=icjobs_not_real for cat my_cat_not_real to Interchange server 32245 with HUP.

Tried with debug=1 no output

Does anyone have jobs working with 5.7.6, is this a possible bug?

Thanks -Sam