[ic] [bounce] extremely slow after 5.7.6 upgrade

Stefan Hornburg (Racke) racke at linuxia.de
Tue Jan 4 23:51:59 UTC 2011

On 01/04/2011 06:21 PM, Grant wrote:
>>> I upgraded from 5.6.1 to 5.7.6 a few weeks ago.  I just noticed that
>>> the [bounce] tag is taking an extremely long time to execute, maybe
>>> between 30 and 200 seconds.  It was fairly instantaneous on 5.6.1.
>>> For example:
>>> http://www.example.com/page.html
>>> redirects to:
>>> http://www.example.com/otherpage.html
>>> with:
>>> [bounce href="[area other_page]" status=301]
>>> I've tried without the status parameter with the same results.  Does
>>> this sound familiar to anyone?
>> I got a report from a customer about slow redirects. I couldn't find yet
>> any issue with the code specific to his project. It doesn't fit your
>> pattern of access, though.
>> Regards
>>         Racke
> I thought somebody would say something like that eventually.  I've
> downgraded back to 5.6.3 but let me know if I can help from here.

I think I narrowed it down to this call:

# get_session will return a value if a session is read,
# if not it will return false and a new session has been created.
# The IP address will be counted for robot_resolution

if(! get_session($seed) and ! $::Instance->{ExternalCookie}) {

Let's see which changes got applied to the session code between 5.6.3
and 5.7.6.

Interchange Development Team