[ic] Add/update large number of products

DB DB at M-and-D.com
Fri Jan 7 14:01:45 UTC 2011

I often need to add or update many thousands of items at a time to my
products table. Mostly I use the Import feature from the admin area, but
if the file I'm importing is large enough I can run into server timeouts
before the upload completes. To solve this I've chopped the file into
several pieces, but that's kind of a pain. I've also added products
directly using mysql.

Is there an easy way to tell the admin's Import feature to look for a
file that's local to the server? Is there a better way to handle this
that I've not tried?

DB