[ic] multi database query clarification

Jon Jensen jon at endpoint.com
Wed Jan 19 01:23:51 UTC 2011

On Tue, 18 Jan 2011, Paul Jordan wrote:

> Your explanation sounds reasonable, thank you. I should have really been
> calling them Schemas. Mysql's admin software (QB, workbench, etc) does
> refer to them as Schemas and I do understand them as such so that was
> just my misreferene there.

Well to be fair to you, MySQL always called them databases historically.

I guess what I didn't say clearly enough is that to Interchange, every
database is its own world. Interchange bases its idea of a "database" on
the DSN. Any difference in the DSN makes it look like a different database
to Interchange, one which has nothing to do with the others.

The only Interchange schema support is in a few changes from years back to
support (or at least coexist with) Postgres's schemas:

Jon Jensen
End Point Corporation