[ic] mv_session_id cookie expire problem

Mike Heins mike at perusion.com
Wed Jan 19 21:43:46 UTC 2011

Quoting Marty Tennison (marty at dripdepot.com):
> > But for some reason my cookies are being issued as "expires at end of
> > session".   Any ideas?
>
> I've been scouring the mailing list and docs for the answer to this and I
> think I have it. (someone please correct me if I am wrong) So I'll post the
> answer here in case anyone in the future looks for this issue.
>
> Answer: The MV_SESSION_ID cookie expiration date will always be  "Expires at
> end of session" and therefore removed when the user closes the browser window.
> As far as I can tell, there is no way in interchange to affect the expiration
> date of the mv_session_id cookie.

That is correct. At one point you could, then we decided that it
was a security problem and that carts and such things should be
saved another way.

If you really thought you knew what you were doing and you were sure
you wanted to do it, you could create an Autoload that set
$Vend::Expire to the right value and it would work.

--
Mike Heins
phone +1.765.328.4479  <mike at perusion.com>

An amateur practices until he gets it right. A pro
practices until he can't get it wrong. -- unknown