[ic] Admin Page Load Times Really Slow

Mike Heins mike at perusion.com
Wed Mar 23 19:04:15 UTC 2011

Quoting IC (ic at tvcables.co.uk):
> Hi Folks,
>
> Our sql database has the last 123000 orders/customers in it, the admin page
> load times seem incredibly slow, 15 seconds from clicking the order tab to
> the page loading, editing an address takes the best part of a minute from
> hitting update to the page load.
>
> Are these times typical or is something wrong, its on a semi-dedicated VPS
> (6 accounts).
>
> The physical machine spec is Quad Core Intel Xeon 2.4GHz with 12GB ram,
> CentOS 5.0.
>
> The VPS has a guaranteed 2GB of RAM and 60GB disk space.
>
> Does it need a dedicated server?

We usually just set

	Database  transactions  LARGE  1

in dbconf/mysql/transactions.mysql (or dbconf/pgsql/transactions.pgsql)
and skip the list display. I usually have a button I add where
you can list the last N orders.

--
Mike Heins
phone +1.765.328.4479  <mike at perusion.com>

The problem with Internet quotations is that many of them
are not genuine. -- Abraham Lincoln