[ic] Draft for Abstract about "Modern PerlCommerce" presentation

Stefan Hornburg (Racke) racke at linuxia.de
Wed May 18 10:12:51 UTC 2011

Hello, Interchange enthusiasts!

I submitted the following abstract to the YAPC::Europe conference and
Pittsburgh Perl workshop:

--snip--
Interchange is a Open Source eCommerce software written before the advent of any modern Perl.
Thus we implemented a lot of things like running a server, dispatching, parameter parsing, session handling and templating.

We decided to reduce the source code drastically by using modules from CPAN like Dancer, PSGI
and Template::Flute instead of our own custom code. Interchange will become a collection of a few base modules
providing an API for carts, payment, shipping and access control which can be extended easily with plugins.

This provides you with a solid, fast, simple and flexible platform for your online business based on modern Perl,
which is going to be demonstrated during the presentation.
--snap--

I would be glad to receive any feedback about this abstract and also suggestions for meetings, hackathons
and alike when the presentation gets accepted for PPW.

Regards
           Racke

Interchange Development Team