[ic] mysql having problems reconnecting on catalog reconfig

Peter peter at pajamian.dhs.org
Thu Nov 10 18:51:13 UTC 2011

On 11/11/11 03:29, Mike Heins wrote:
>> Going forward, perhaps it makes sense to reset %DBI_connect_bad
>> on a catalog reconfig.

That's not a bad idea either, where would that be done, or how?

> Trying to set a record for consecutive replies to my own message,
> you can test what is going on by posting an alternate DSN which
> describes the same database resource. If it doesn't fail, and
> connects to the new source, you know that resetting %DBI_connect_bad
> will work.

It may or may not, since if the connection really is bad it is tested
and %DBI_connect_bad is reset to 1 anyways, so just resetting the flag
would likely cause it to just be set again the next time this code is
called.  What I can do instead is add in some logging to find out, maybe
I can see when the connection is actually going bad?

Peter