[ic] dev/staging/production for IC

Grant emailgrant at gmail.com
Mon Oct 3 21:48:48 UTC 2011

>> How is your workflow for IC stuff?  Are you able to use the same machine
>> for staging and production by using separate catalogs?  Maybe separate VM's
>> instead?
>>
>> I'm leaning toward subversion for version control.
>
> At End Point most of our Interchange sites use camps -
> http://www.devcamps.org/ - with Git.
>
> We decide whether to use the same machine or separate ones based on client
> budget, number of simultaneous camps we have going (which equates to number
> of simultaneous projects), disk space used by each camp, etc.
>
> Jon

I hadn't been able to really wrap my head around camps, but it's
making more sense now that I've identified a need for separate
dev/staging/production IC environments.  camps basically facilitates
the setup and maintenance of those environments?  Each of the
environments could be running on the same machine?  Does camps work
well with subversion?

- Grant