[ic] URL shortener

Paul Jordan paul at gishnetwork.com
Sun Oct 9 16:51:56 UTC 2011

We are making a URL shortening script that basically does what tinyURL and
bit.ly does. We are working out how we'll go about generating the code and
it occurred to me that maybe one of you guys have done this already. The
goal is as short as possible for as long as possible, alphanumeric, mixed
case, plus either an exclusion list or no consecutive 2 letters (to avoid

We're not having a problem, I just want to make sure we've considered all
clever ideas so it can be as efficient as possible.

Thank you