[ic] catalog working, no admin/login, unable to checkout

Curt Hauge curthauge at mnwebdesign.com
Thu Sep 1 00:30:37 UTC 2011

Hi,

I am on a new Centos 5.x server, Apache 2.2.19, MySQL 5.1.57. As root I
installed a local perl at usr/local/bin/perl like this:

sh Configure #accepted all defaults, no threads
make
make test
make install

I now have  /usr/bin/perl -v #This is perl, v5.8.8 built for
x86_64-linux-thread-multi
and		/usr/local/bin/perl -v #This is perl, v5.10.0 built for
x86_64-linux

As root I checked 'which perl' and saw this:
/usr/bin/perl #which is what I expected
(but, alas...it now reports: /usr/local/bin/perl)  <--could that be an issue
and how did it happen?

I then installed the bundle like this:
perl -MCPAN -e 'install Bundle::Interchange'

Question 1: Should I be installing the bundle with /use/local/bin/perl or
/usr/bin/perl?

I finally got the bundle to install, but I cannot get the kitchensink to
finish up, so...

I've installed 5.6.3 tarball after installing the bundle:
tar zvxf interchange-5.6.3.tar.gz
/usr/local/bin/perl Makefile.PL
make
make test #passed all 6
make install

ran makecat, using MySQL, database is set up, and now have a test cat up,
but no admin/login access. I do have to chmod 755 the cgi-bin/catlink as
they aren't created with correct permissions. (strange, wonder why?)

I tarred up an old foundation-based cat that was recently running on 5.6 for
years now, untarred to my destination folder, and finally got it fired up,
but no access to admin/login (Internal Server Error).

During checkout, once I am on the shipmode.html and submit to 'Next' I
expect to see the last page of my multi-page checkout (finalize.html) but I
also get "Internal Server Error". I have credit cards enabled.

I then re-installed Interchange from scratch (now I have no access to my
test cat) but my old foundation cat still has the same problems.

Current rrrors in interchange error.log:
Similar to cat

Current errors in cat error.log

74.117.242.45 K7Mcfhbm:74.117.242.45 - [31/August/2011:13:32:59 -0400] fts1
/cgi-bin/fts1/ord/finalize.html Runtime error: mv_metadata import into
failed: sdbm store returned -1, errno 22, key "kinventory" at
/home/funtime/fts1/interchange/lib/Vend/Table/Common.pm line 513, <IN> line
121.

Common.pm line 121 says this:
#::logDebug("needed separation: '$_'");

Common.pm line 513 says this:
$s->[$TIE_HASH]{"k$key"} = join("\t", map(stuff($_), @fields));

I uncommented line 121 and turned on debugging, reatarted, tested, no output
in CATROOT/tmp

Any other ideas? I've been all over google and I keep trying to get the
kitchen sink installed as well.

Over 12 years and 5 days messing with Interchange and linux and I still
don't get it. I'm ready to throw in the towel...

Curt