[ic] catalog working, no admin/login, unable to checkout

IC Support ic_support at mnwebdesign.com
Thu Sep 15 17:08:59 UTC 2011

Peter said:

> [...]

I tried Peters suggestion on all tables, one at a time, restarted
Interchange (always starts quickly), and I get the same result. Nothing has
changed in the catalog, so this must be something on my server causing this.
How strange that I can now get to admin area with complete unfettered
access, but not the customer side.

Can anyone tell me, is it safe to remove all .gdbm, .pag, .dir, .sdbm files
from CATROOT/products?
Is there some place I could start to use debugging on this cat to help
figure this out?

I have another IC 5.6.3 install on another domain and that cat was also
running fine on my old server, and now is having issues on every table while
starting Interchange, like this:

table 'area' failed: connect to dbi:mysql:cambridge_1982 failed (create) --
Access denied for user 'admin'@'localhost' (using password: NO)

and I see this 'occasionally' in the cat error.log
- - - [10/September/2011:20:03:33 -0400] 1982 - table 'photos' failed: table
photos connect failed -- DBI connect('cambridge_1982','',...) failed: Access
denied for user 'admin'@'localhost' (using password: NO) at
/home/cambridge/chs/interchange/lib/Vend/Table/DBI.pm line 613

so I look at DBI.pm and find this:

 611 ::logDebug("bad=$bad connecting to $call[0]");
 612                 eval {
 613                         $db = DBI->connect( @call ) unless $bad;
 614                         $db->trace($Global::DataTrace,
$Global::DebugFile)
 615                                 if $Global::DataTrace and
$Global::DebugFile;
 616                 };

Then I uncomment the debug in  DBI.pm and uncomment the DEBUG in
interchange.cfg, restart, nothing in debug but I find this when starting
Interchange:

Vend::Table::DBI:debug: bad= connecting to dbi:mysql:cambridge_1982
Vend::Table::DBI:debug: bad=1 connecting to dbi:mysql:cambridge_1982

I have the mysql db installed and accessible from phpMyAdmin, user and pass
is in CATROOT/dbconf/mysql/mysql.cfg:
Variable  SQLUSER  myusername
Variable  SQLPASS  mypassword

Does anyone know how this could be coming up with admin at localhost? This
'DBI' seems to keep coming up, do I need to remove and reinstall that (I
have done a reinstall)?

Is it possible that tarring up these cats, then ftp'ing the .tar files to my
local Windows machine, then ftp'ing up to new server is causing some
problems? I just did a tar -cf archive.tar foo to create the archive.

I will be digging into these problems again today. Any other thoughts or
suggestions are appreciated!

Curt