[ic] {Spam?} Re: Problems with indirect login and checkout

Rick Bragg lists at gmnet.net
Sat Sep 17 22:27:51 UTC 2011

On Fri, 2011-09-16 at 14:25 -0400, Rick Bragg wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am using indirect login (email address) and I am having the following
> 2 problems at checkout
>
> 1)
> When somebody checks out with an email address that IS already in the
> system, it creates a new user with the username (i.e. U0002) in the
> email address field. That is fine. Brilliant in fact! However it does
> not enter their name, address, and other info.  In the error log there
> is a set_slice error with duplicate key entry which makes sense.  What
> is creating this new user with USERID in the email field (which is
> great), and how can I make sure that their name address phone etc is
> also recorded?  I don't care too much about the set_slice error since it
> is silent.
>
> 2)
> When somebody checks out with an email address that is NOT YET in the
> system, a new user is created perfectly, however the customer gets an
> error on their screen.  In the error log, I see Auto-create of user
> failed Reason: Cannot log in after new account creation.  In the
> userdb.log I see "Denied attempt to login with nonexistent (indirect
> from email) user name 'U0002'.  Can I shut off indirect here to allow
> the login?
>
> Thanks!
> Rick

Hi,

I have solved issue number 2 by simply adding the option "no_login='1'"
inside the [userdb function='new_account' ...] tag in log_transaction.
I also had to had to change:
[tmp tmp_username][data session username][/tmp]
to:
[if session logged_in]
  [tmp tmp_username][data session username][/tmp]
[else]
  [tmp tmp_username][data session auto_created_user][/tmp]
[/else]
[/if]

However, Now it seems the first problem happens under both conditions.,
bu now there are no errors in the log.  Again it creates a new account,
but their name, address, phone etc are not recorded.  Any ideas?

Thanks!
Rick