[ic] need data from .gdbm files

Peter peter at pajamian.dhs.org
Sun Sep 25 20:08:40 UTC 2011

On 26/09/11 08:46, Curt Hauge wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have backups of a few cats that use text files for databases, not sure
> which IC version (4.6 or 8). The text files are older and I didn't have
> opportunity to export new text files.
>
> 1) Is there a way to get that data from the .gdbm files, say by installing a
> test cat and dropping them in place? 2) If so, do I need an older version to
> do that, and, which version is the latest version to support text files?

IC supports gdbm just fine, you're problem won't be with the version of
IC you're using.  Your problem is going to be with gdbm, newer versions
are not backwards compatible and so the gdbm files that were created on
an older distro will very likely not be readable on a newer one.  This
is why you always need to export to txt files before moving your
catalogs to a newer OS.

Peter