[ic] IC 6 - question and suggestion

Stefan Hornburg (Racke) racke at linuxia.de
Tue Sep 27 18:34:08 UTC 2011

On 09/27/2011 05:12 PM, Paul Jordan wrote:

> Question:
> Is IC being forked into this new "ants" version, or is the "rhino" version going to die off?
 > If so, I take it existing catalogs will need a complete rewrite to move beyond 5.9? Yikes. I am making several complex systems right now :-(

As far as I'm concerned IC 5.8 is the final branch of the IC 5.x series (rhino). Of course, patches and new features will be still added
if people care to supply and test them.

IC 6 is certainly incompatible to that (insects vs. mammals), unless someone writes Template::ITL :-).

> Suggestion:
> A good feature to make priority would be a knowledgebase/wiki - one that can double for an easy-to-use documentation system for IC itself (like Kevin's),
 > that we all can use. I recently had made a KB system but it ties to vi, not a wysiwyg, so not generally consumable. That codebase could then be utilized for product reviews, forums, website KB, company internal manual/wiki etc.

Yes that's certainly a good idea and something I used to play around with. Text::WikiFormat and Wiki::Toolkit are CPAN contenders in this area.

Regards
	Racke

Interchange Development Team