[ic] "Interchange 6"? Really?

d davenport dances_with_peons at live.com
Tue Sep 27 20:58:12 UTC 2011

Am I the only one that finds a bit...I don't know...misleading?
Disingenuous?...that "Interchange 6" is even being named as such?  I mean,
it's already been established that:

* It will have a whole new architecture -- the "ants" vs "rhino" thing;
* There is little if any emphasis on compatibility with the IC that everyone
here has come to know;
* Existing IC installs won't be upgradable at all because of this, and will
have to be totally rewritten -- or IC5 kept alive indefinitely, or some
plugins written to allow "IC6" to use IC5 catalogs.

Seriously, it sounds like a whole new product.  What even makes it
Interchange?

/