[ic] "Interchange 6"? Really?

Jon Jensen jon at endpoint.com
Thu Sep 29 16:28:04 UTC 2011

On Thu, 29 Sep 2011, Jeff Dafoe wrote:

> Converting your store to the framework du jour carries a significant
> risk.  I remember when Mason was all the rage and there were suggestions
> to convert IC's template system to Mason.  Now, Mason looks to be all
> but dead and IC is still chugging along. IC development has always been
> very conservative.

Funny you mention that, since I haven't looked into Mason for years. So I
just did.

Actually, it seems to be fairly similar to Interchange as a project. It
was stable and changed little for years, but kept on working for the
people using it. It was more idle than Interchange, but its scope as a
templating system was a lot smaller than Interchange's as a complete
ecommerce system. It's fairer to compare the rate of change in Mason vs.
ITL alone.

Continuing the similarity to the Interchange project, in Feburary 2011
they released a new version that has been modernized with Moose, Plack,
etc.:

http://www.openswartz.com/2011/02/21/announcing-mason-2/

Jon

--