[ic] "Interchange 6"? Really?

Paul Jordan paul at gishnetwork.com
Thu Sep 29 17:20:44 UTC 2011

> > could we fund a method to share sessions so one can continue to develop
> > an app while recoding 5 parts into 6?
>
> Yes, I think that would be fairly simple compared to trying to make
> Interchange 5 code run in Interchange 6.
>
> Jon

If this is possible, then this is something I would like a dev group member to contemplate and come up with a cost because this would be paramount for all of us to be able to take large installs and migrate-while-developing. It sounds like a solution to all concerns.

If we are on the same page - my wish is that I can bounce back and forth from 5x to 6x and maintain the session (scratch, cgi, username, etc). If possible, an added bonus would be that it can run on the same Domain, just under a different catalog space (i.e., /b/)

When on IC6, sure, we access this session data in the IC6 way, or some workaround way, when on IC 5, we access it in the IC5 way. Whatever is done inside IC6 would have to maintain when bouncing back to IC5.

If we could fund this sooner than later, then that would mean we can start writing in IC6 sooner than later - which means less rewrites - less duplication of work.

Paul