[ic] search problem on any table

IC Support ic_support at mnwebdesign.com
Fri Sep 30 17:03:16 UTC 2011

On 9/30/2011 12:11 AM Racke suggested this:

> On 09/30/2011 02:22 AM, IC Support wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Using MySQL on IC 5.6.3, I have this in my results.html page:
> >
> > [search-region]
> > <FORM ACTION="[area results]" METHOD=POST> [form-session-id] <INPUT
> > TYPE="hidden" NAME="mv_search_file" VALUE=state> <INPUT
> TYPE="hidden"
> > NAME="mv_search_field" VALUE="name"> <INPUT TYPE="text"
> > NAME="mv_searchspec"> <input type=submit value="GO"> </FORM>
> > [search-list] [item-data state name]<br> [/search-list]
> > [/search-region]
> >
> > If I search for 'county' I am getting no results, instead I get:
> > Sorry, no matches for county. No search was found
> >
> > I expect to see several states in that list. I can search a
> standard
> > test cat products db just fine, but this cat has no
> products db. I've
> > tried other tables as well. I even put this page in that
> test cat and it fails as well.
> > I've looked into the templates/components/results* and
> can't see what
> > I am missing. (long day)
> >
> > Anybody have a suggestion(s) to offer? Does it work for you?
>
> http://www.icdevgroup.org/docs/confs/AllowRemoteSearch.html
>
> Please try to add your table to make this search work.

Hmmm, still no go. I added it to catalog.cfg and restarted:
AllowRemoteSearch state

I also tried directly editing Config.pm and restarting.

I have also been messing around with actionmaps, which I have never used.

Any other ideas? This worked fine a few versions ago. ;-)

Curt