[ic] Weird locale error

Gert van der Spoel gert at 3edge.com
Thu Aug 30 23:02:13 UTC 2012

> On Fri, 31 Aug 2012, Stefan Hornburg (Racke) wrote:
>
> > I'm puzzled about a weird locale error:
>
> I don't know why it would affect one catalog and not the other, and am
> interested to hear the answer to Gert's question about switching catalog
> load order.
>
> I wonder if you need:
>
> Database locale GDBM_ENABLE_UTF8 1
>
> in your catalog.cfg (or the included locale.dbm file).
>
> Jon

I only remember that I blame a lot of my grey hair on the whole encoding
saga .... I seem to have 2 catalogs running still and seem to work, my UTF8
Variables are like:

# UTF8 Variables
Variable MV_HTTP_CHARSET UTF-8
Variable MV_UTF8 1
DatabaseDefault GDBM_ENABLE_UTF8 1
DatabaseDefault MYSQL_ENABLE_UTF8 1

Note that I am not anymore using gdbm for the locale file, but store it in
the (mysql) database. Somewhere it keeps coming to me that I actually
decided on this move, because of the issue the Stefan is having. I think
it's 2 years or so ago that I last bothered with it, so memories are very
vague on this matter.

CU,

Gert