[ic] Weird locale error

David Christensen david at endpoint.com
Fri Aug 31 01:25:18 UTC 2012

On Aug 30, 2012, at 6:13 PM, Stefan Hornburg (Racke) wrote:

> On 08/31/2012 12:46 AM, Jon Jensen wrote:
>> On Fri, 31 Aug 2012, Stefan Hornburg (Racke) wrote:
>>
>>> I'm puzzled about a weird locale error:
>>
>> I don't know why it would affect one catalog and not the other, and am interested to hear the answer to Gert's question about switching catalog load order.
>>

> I don't know why it would affect one catalog and not the other either.
>
> Switching catalog load order shows again the error in the second catalog loaded.
> Also if I disable the first catalog, there is no error in the other catalog.
>
>> I wonder if you need:
>>
>> Database locale GDBM_ENABLE_UTF8 1
>>
>> in your catalog.cfg (or the included locale.dbm file).
>>
>> Jon
>>

> Database locale GDBM_ENABLE_UTF8 1 was already set.
>
> I don't know if that matters, but I'm using AllowGlobal and PerlAlwaysGlobal on
> both catalogs.
>
> Regards
> 	Racke

What I suspect is happening is that the same underlying Vend::Table::GDBM object is being shared or cloned among the catalogs, and hence the add_utf8_filters() call is adding a second level of encode/decode filters to the GDBM object.

I committed a patch to address this issue (tried posting it here, but got moderated); let me know if this resolved your issue.

Regards,

David
--
David Christensen