[ic] [interchange] Only apply GDBM filters if they are not already installed

Mike Heins mike at perusion.com
Fri Aug 31 14:53:44 UTC 2012

Quoting David Christensen (david at endpoint.com):

> On Aug 31, 2012, at 5:33 AM, Stefan Hornburg (Racke) wrote:
>
> > What about using DBM_Filter?
> >
> > https://metacpan.org/module/DBM_Filter
> >
> > That seems to have an easier interface and comes with Perl.
> >
> > Regards
> >        Racke
>
> I believe that's already the interface it's using; see `perldoc perldbmfilter`.
>
> As far as Mike's concern, we could just do one check to see if it's
> already installed. I'll re-review the docs and revise the patch.

Thanks, David. I'm a strong believer in trying to cut overhead
wherever possible. It's small, but over thousands of requests it
can be appreciable.

--
Mike Heins
phone +1.765.253.4194  <mike at perusion.com>

My wife is great.  She doesn't care where I go, just as long as I don't
have any fun.  -- Lee Trevino