[ic] [interchange] Only apply GDBM filters if they are not already installed

Mike Heins mike at perusion.com
Fri Aug 31 15:16:54 UTC 2012

Quoting Stefan Hornburg (Racke) (racke at linuxia.de):
> On 08/31/2012 04:53 PM, Mike Heins wrote:
> >Quoting David Christensen (david at endpoint.com):

> >>I believe that's already the interface it's using; see `perldoc perldbmfilter`.
> >>
> >>As far as Mike's concern, we could just do one check to see if it's
> >>already installed. I'll re-review the docs and revise the patch.
> >
> >Thanks, David. I'm a strong believer in trying to cut overhead
> >wherever possible. It's small, but over thousands of requests it
> >can be appreciable.
> >

> What about cutting out all the overhead for "crazy" shipping? O:-)

That's what open source is all about, feel free to change. 8-)

But remember, that is done in arrays and it is arrays for a reason.
You can make fifty looped array references for every object call and
*still* save CPU.

--
Mike Heins
phone +1.765.253.4194  <mike at perusion.com>

Please use the comments to demonstrate your own ignorance,
unfamiliarity with empirical data, ability to repeat discredited
memes, and lack of respect for scientific knowledge. Also, be sure to
create straw men and argue against things I have neither said nor even
implied. Any irrelevancies you can mention will also be appreciated.
Lastly, kindly forgo all civility in your discourse . . . you are,
after all, anonymous. -- Barry Ritholtz