[ic] Dancer

Busarow Dan dan at buildingonline.com
Wed Dec 12 20:54:08 UTC 2012

On Dec 10, 2012, at 1:32 AM, Stefan Hornburg (Racke) <racke at linuxia.de> wrote:

> On 12/05/2012 11:55 PM, Busarow Dan wrote:
>> Just curious on the progress of IC6 and Dancer.
>>
>> I saw the Interchange Roadmap a while back and I looked into Dancer.  I've since started using Dancer for all new database driven websites.  I love it.
>>

> Hi Dan,
>
> Yes, Dancer is indeed a great program. The Dancer community is growing rapidly and have been very supportive.
>
> My first Dancer project was a simple Dropbox clone for a company in New York. Based on that experience
> I decided to make the switch to Dancer with one of my bigger clients, The Bureau of International Information Programs (IIP)
> in the Department of State. A front-end for online resources along side with an LDAP based backend for account management system
> for some 40K plus users: https://elibraryusa.state.gov.
>
> Another site now powered by Dancer is IIP's eCommerce site that was first setup using MiniVend/Interchange over 10 years ago.
> In October 2011 a complete overhaul in design and using Dancer was launched: https://eshop.state.gov.
> The shopping cart's related coding can be found on Github and CPAN (search for Nitesi).

I've already looked at the Nitesi code.  I think I could use it along with a handful of Business::XX modules to implement a Dancer store site.  I have a bid out with an existing customer to redo their IC5 site using Dancer.  I'll probably be hearing back on it in January or February.

  http://www.builderbooks.com/

> The progress of IC 6 unfortunately slowed down, as I need to do a lot of IC5 related work these days.
> There is a project coming for migrating an IC5 site to IC6 (frontend only) in the next quarter.
>
> Any help with building up a demo for IC6 would be much appreciated.

I'm willing to help.

One big question I have regards deployment.  I'm currently using plackup and Starman and using Apache as a proxy for the webapp.  Apache is serving the static files (.css, .js etc..) directly.  It works well but it is a little more involved than deploying IC :)

May I ask what are you using.

Thanks,
Dan