[ic] Dancer

Stefan Hornburg (Racke) racke at linuxia.de
Thu Dec 13 09:38:24 UTC 2012

On 12/12/2012 09:54 PM, Busarow Dan wrote:
> On Dec 10, 2012, at 1:32 AM, Stefan Hornburg (Racke) <racke at linuxia.de> wrote:
>
>> On 12/05/2012 11:55 PM, Busarow Dan wrote:
>>> Just curious on the progress of IC6 and Dancer.
>>>
>>> I saw the Interchange Roadmap a while back and I looked into Dancer.  I've since started using Dancer for all new database driven websites.  I love it.
>>>

>> Hi Dan,
>>
>> Yes, Dancer is indeed a great program. The Dancer community is growing rapidly and have been very supportive.
>>
>> My first Dancer project was a simple Dropbox clone for a company in New York. Based on that experience
>> I decided to make the switch to Dancer with one of my bigger clients, The Bureau of International Information Programs (IIP)
>> in the Department of State. A front-end for online resources along side with an LDAP based backend for account management system
>> for some 40K plus users: https://elibraryusa.state.gov.
>>
>> Another site now powered by Dancer is IIP's eCommerce site that was first setup using MiniVend/Interchange over 10 years ago.
>> In October 2011 a complete overhaul in design and using Dancer was launched: https://eshop.state.gov.
>> The shopping cart's related coding can be found on Github and CPAN (search for Nitesi).
>>

> I've already looked at the Nitesi code.  I think I could use it along with a handful of Business::XX modules to implement a Dancer store site.

Yeah, it is definitely planned to integrate the Business::XX modules with Nitesi.

> I have a bid out with an existing customer to redo their IC5 site using Dancer.  I'll probably be hearing back on it in January or February.
>
>   http://www.builderbooks.com/

Cool, if you need anything in Nitesi for that project please let me know.

>> The progress of IC 6 unfortunately slowed down, as I need to do a lot of IC5 related work these days.
>> There is a project coming for migrating an IC5 site to IC6 (frontend only) in the next quarter.
>>
>> Any help with building up a demo for IC6 would be much appreciated.
>
> I'm willing to help.
>
> One big question I have regards deployment.  I'm currently using plackup and Starman and using Apache as a proxy for the webapp.
> Apache is serving the static files (.css, .js etc..) directly.  It works well but it is a little more involved than deploying IC :)
>
> May I ask what are you using.

I'm using Perlbal + plackup + Starman, although the more common choice is Nginx + plackup + Starman.

If you do want to stick to Apache, you may follow the recommendation of Matt Trout which is:

mod_fastcgi+FastCgiExternalServer

Regards
	Racke

Interchange Development Team