[ic] Interchange Wikipedia article deleted

Mike Heins mike at perusion.com
Tue Dec 18 21:20:39 UTC 2012

Quoting Richard Siddall (richard.siddall at elirion.net):
> Jeff Dafoe wrote:
> >I have a WP account but I haven't been able to find much to support
> >notability, ie "significant coverage" in reliable sources.  I certainly
> >_understand_ that IC is notable, but we'd need to find reliable sources
> >that
> >have significant coverage and all I've been able to dredge up are the old
> >press releases that were already mentioned.
> >
> >-Jeff
>
> I think you could argue that CVE reports such as
> http://web.nvd.nist.gov/view/vuln/detail?vulnId=CVE-2008-6945 prove the
> NIST and Department of Homeland Security thought Interchange was widely
> enough used to issue a public warning when a vulnerability was discovered.

Minivend has its own assigned port (7786) in the IANA list
of assigned numbers.

    http://www.iana.org/assignments/service-names-port-numbers/service-names-port-numbers.xml

--
Mike Heins
phone +1.765.253.4194  <mike at perusion.com>

I don't want to get to the end of my life and find I have just
lived the length of it. I want to have lived the width of it as
well. -- Diane Ackerman