[ic] Shift to Mobile = AOL dynamic IP's revisited

Grant emailgrant at gmail.com
Fri Dec 28 23:12:31 UTC 2012

I noticed my Android phone (Galaxy Nexus) wasn't keeping items in the
cart on my store.  I looked closer and a new session ID was being
appended to links with each request.  I restarted the phone and it
started working again.

I'm thinking this must have been due to cookies not working in the
browser, the IP address changing with each request, and WideOpen not
being set.  I remember this issue for AOL users a long time ago, but
now I'm thinking it over again with the shift to mobile.

Any thoughts?  Does other popular shopping cart software run with the
equivalent of WideOpen?

- Grant