[ic] {Spam?} Re: Installation INTERCHANGE Need Help

Rick Bragg lists at gmnet.net
Fri Jan 27 16:13:55 UTC 2012

On Thu, 2012-01-26 at 14:41 +0100, Christophe Campeggi wrote:
> Dear Sir,
>

> I'm trying to install interchange on a Linux Debian.
> I try to follow your online guide but i m a little bit stuck regarding
> the link between APACHE2 and interchange.
>

> I would like to know if you have somewhere a detail documentation
> regarding the installation of interchange from scratch on a DEBIAN or
> another LINUX. At least to finish on the WEB UI.
>

> Please Help.
>

> Best Regards

Hi Christophe,

There are basically 2 choices for linking. tlink (ip based) or vlink
(sockets).  After installing Interchange, you can go into the
interchange/bin directory and run ./compile_link  This will create and
put both the two link files in interchange/src/ directory.  They will be
named something like "tlink.127.0.0.1.7786" and
"vlink._home_me_www.websitename.com_interchange_etc_socket" (they will
be different for you...)  These files ARE the compiled links.  Pick
which ever one that you want to use (ip or sockets) and put that in your
cgi bin with the right permissions and you should be OK.  It is also OK
to rename these in your cgi bin after you compile them.

HTH
Rick