[ic] Paypal question

DB db at m-and-d.com
Sun Jul 15 18:52:35 UTC 2012

>> I have customers who use Paypal whine now and then about having to fill
>> out the name, address etc. of the IC checkout form before they get sent
>> to Paypal, where their address may then get changed to what Paypal has
>> on file for them. Is my Paypal set up wrong or is this by design?
>>
>> Dave
>
> Both ... by default your order profile will require all the standard items the
> same as for a credit card checkout, but if you change the profile then they
> will not have to fill out anything at all.

OK thanks for the hint. In my profiles.order I see:

__NAME__                       paypalexpress
__COMMON_ORDER_PROFILE__
&fatal = yes
policy_agree=required You must agree to our policies to checkout
email=required
email=email
&set=mv_payment PaypalExpress
&set=psp Paypal
&set=mv_payment_route paypalexpress
&final = yes
&setcheck = payment_method paypalexpress
__END__

And I see that my catalog.cfg has:

ifndef COMMON_ORDER_PROFILE
Variable COMMON_ORDER_PROFILE <<EOV
        fname=required
        lname=required
        address1=required
        city=required
        country=required
        state=multistate
        zip=multizip
        &or phone_night=phone, phone_day=phone Must have day or evening
phone number
        email=required
EOV
endif

So perhaps I could define a COMMON_ORDER_PROFILE_PAYPAL that requires
only a phone number for example, and then change the paypalexpress
profile to look for that instead?

Dave