[ic] 404 errors

Kerry Blalock kerry at basicq.com
Mon Jul 30 13:09:59 UTC 2012

I received this message from Google. It is the second or third in the past
couple of months concerning 404 errors. I sent this to my server provider
(see message from him below)

I am not sure what this means, or if I should try to correct anything.

Any suggestions appreciated.

Kerry (k2b3)

decor.basicq.com

"Dear owner or webmaster of http://decor.basicq.com/ While crawling your
site, we have noticed an increase in the number of transient soft 404
errors around 2012-07-24 00:00 UTC (London, Dublin, Edinburgh). Your site
may have experienced outages. These issues may have been resolved. Here
are some sample pages that resulted in soft 404 errors:
http://decor.basicq.com/cgi-bin/dcart/scan/MM=a5564fe643ac52c7032db36e809e8be8:1100:1149:50.html?mv_tmp_session=1&mv_arg=&mv_more_ip=1&mv_nextpage=results&mv_form_charset=&explode=1
http://decor.basicq.com/cgi-bin/dcart/scan/MM=1cbf3739b9aa6e79950aab0e86e55811:100:149:50.html?mv_tmp_session=1&mv_arg=&toggle=34639&mv_more_ip=1&mv_nextpage=results&mv_form_charset=&mv_session_id=nsession
http://decor.basicq.com/cgi-bin/dcart/scan/MM=44ec26065b3dc8ef889a1a452b68460d:0:49:50.html?mv_more_ip=1&mv_nextpage=results&mv_arg=
For more information, see our Help Center: Soft 404 errors"

Carl C. cc at carlc.com
9:25 AM (23 hours ago)

to me
On 7/29/2012 5:17 AM, Curtain Rod wrote:
> Hi Carl,
>
> Do you know what Google is talking about in the email? When clicking
> on thier samples, it brings up the cart, but the result page is blank
> of detail.
>
> Kerry

Google is probably seeing multiple "carts" and since the holding "cart"
gets killed after a day, it's missing those... BUT, it's also a good
question for the guys on interchange to talk about....