[ic] FW: mobile version of store

Gert van der Spoel gert at 3edge.com
Fri May 25 09:19:53 UTC 2012

-----Original Message-----
From: Jure Kodzoman [mailto:jure.kodzoman at informa.si]
Sent: vrijdag 25 mei 2012 12:18
To: interchange-users at icdevgroup.org
Subject: Re: [ic] mobile version of store

On 05/25/2012 01:58 AM, Glenn McCalley wrote:
> Angus, thanks for the reply.
> We were taking the same approach, tall, skinny and lean, then the
> client hired some hotshots from AT&T to do the mobile version - we are
> doing the traditional version. Still to run on our servers, though.
> The store(s) is for one of the major political party conventions in
> the US this summer and should be a good test. Let me know if you want
> to be kept posted from time to time.
>
> Glenn.

Hi, just to add a few bits to this interesting debate. We recently had 2
cases of mobile projects, on one we only did usability testing and UX
consulting.
Both of these projects opted for Sencha. The reason behind this was
mainly because JQuery Mobile and other alternatives are simply slow.

On mobile, speed is of great importance. It can really paralyze a shop
if it's slow. Use Local caching wherever you can. Think offline. The
more you can do on cell phone (without making it slow) the better.

Many areas are covered only with Edge connectivity which is horrible, so
keep that in mind.

Most importantly, use the site on Edge as much as you can. That will
give you a good overview of what's wrong with it.

And by all means, although it's a big shop, in terms of user experience,
don't think the same way as you do on desktop. It's not the same user.
Typing for one is hell :) Filling out forms is slow,...

Hope it helps :)

regards,
jure

--
Jure Kodzoman

Informa Studio d.o.o. - Internet Marketing Company
Zadobrovška cesta 75
SI-1000 Ljubljana, Slovenia
+386 59 066 336
http://www.informastudio.com

----
system manager. Please note that any views or opinions presented in this
email are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent
those of the company.