[ic] Localization of message for free shipping

Stefan Hornburg (Racke) racke at linuxia.de
Sat Sep 1 10:17:03 UTC 2012

On 09/01/2012 11:46 AM, Gert van der Spoel wrote:
>> My shipping.asc starts like that:
>>
>> dpd_deutschland: DPD Deutschland
>>       crit weight
>>
>>       min 0
>>       max 5
>>       cost 0
>>       free Free shipping!
>>
>> How can I localize the "Free shipping!" message properly?
>>
>> Just adding an entry to the locale database didn't work :-(.
>>
>> Maybe someone can give me a clue.
>
> Not sure but maybe you could try the following possibilities:
> 1) change it to 'FREE'   (in order to at least avoid anything that does not
> like spaces and ! and stuff + easier recognizable)

No, Interchange localization works fine with these characters.

> 2) see if you can match that with your locale database to have code 'FREE'
> 3) if that does not work you could see if [L]FREE[/L]  doet the trick?
> 4) if that does not work you could see if you can do somewhere in your page:
>    [if session ship_message eq "FREE"]
>       [msg]FREE[/msg]
>    [/if]

I'm now using the following workaround:

[shipping widget=radio_left_1 mode="[scratch tmp_shipmodes]" free="[L]Free shipping![/L]"]

I tried this before I wrote the first post, but applied to the wrong [shipping] call,
because I didn't notice that it appears multiple times on shipmode.html.

> Here you might have to see if there are any extra spaces around, I noticed
> that in my case there was an extra space somewhere so eq "FREE " .... Or
> something weird like this .. And all done before turning 40 so do not
> remember all of it.
>
> And last but not least:
> 5) Follow through the code and see where you end up needing to add a patch,
> because chances are nobody has done this before. :)

I tried that for about 15 minutes, but abandoned that because the shipping code is
as untractable and nasty as the code for the [import] tag.

We'll do a better job about that in Interchange 6, although it will be less
efficient in term of machine resource usage :-).

Regards
	Racke

Interchange Development Team