[ic] PerlAlwaysGlobal and PerlNoStrict

Mike Heins mike at perusion.com
Wed Sep 5 13:38:58 UTC 2012

Quoting Stefan Hornburg (Racke) (racke at linuxia.de):
> On 09/05/2012 07:51 AM, Peter wrote:
> >Any objections to making these work for calc blocks as well as perl
> >blocks, or should I come up with new config directives for these?
> >
> >Note that this is me getting very frustrated at the way that Safe
> >compartments seem to be working with less and less code nowadays.  It
> >just recently stopped working for the email tag for me (which it used to
> >work for years on), and I can't figure out what, if anything, has
> >changed to make it stop working.  At any rate Safe code seems to be
> >getting severely broken in newer Perls so it is apparent that there
> >needs to be a way to allow all code to bypass Safe.
> >

> There is basically no alternative to PerlAlwaysGlobal today if you
> use additional Perl modules and Perl code in IC 5.

If you limit your use to modules which don't do runtime requires
you can certainly avoid it.

> No objections to extend these directives to calc blocks.

No need. Just do:

	UserTag calc Routine
	UserTag calc Alias perl

That will make all calc calls go to the perl tag. If you are using
PerlGlobal and not calling a table, there is no real reason not to do
it that way.

--
Mike Heins
phone +1.765.253.4194  <mike at perusion.com>

Those who bring sunshine into the lives of others
cannot keep it from themselves. -- James Barrie