[ic] Perl CGI module (was: Safe error in payment module)

Dan Bergan dan at berganconsulting.com
Mon Jan 7 01:17:17 UTC 2013

> I haven't used it, but I'm pretty sure that Racke has a module on CPAN
> for Braintree already. I think Dan's was supposed to do something more
> with their API, though.
>
> Yup, it's Business::OnlinePayment::Braintree.

The Business::OnlinePayment::Braintree module uses the "Server to
Server" method.  This is a more traditional payment processing
solution.  Your server takes the payment and sends it to Braintree for
processing.

The module I was working on uses the "Transparent Redirect" method.
In this method the payment is submitted directly to Braintree,
bypassing your server.  (The credit card number never touches your
server.)  Braintree says that this method removes your server from PCI
scope.  After Braintree processes the payment, the customer is
transparently redirected back to your server to verify the payment
result and process the order.

I had a very basic payment module working, but it's a little rough.  I
sent it to Grant, but if anyone else wants to take a look at it (maybe
merge it with Business::OnlinePayment::Braintree?), let me know.

If I have time, or if my project starts back up, I'll tackle it again
and release it to the community.

Dan