[ic] Running a system command in a perl tag?

Peter peter at pajamian.dhs.org
Sun Jan 20 23:24:30 UTC 2013

On 21/01/13 04:28, IC wrote:
> Thanks for the quick reply Mike, having done a bit more playing I think the
> problem is also that csf needs to be run as root, I guess my script is
> running as the interchange user, is it possible to run a system command as
> root?

This is a really bad idea, even if you could get it to work you'd be
blowing away loads of security in Interchange to accomplish it, we're
not just talking about poking a small hole in security to accomplish
what you want, we're talking about blowing away massive amounts of it.

Tell us what you're trying to accomplish and maybe we can come up with a
better solution that doesn't require compromising your entire box at a
root level to do it.

Peter